LOGO

HOMEABOUTDAILY READS

Nov 27, 2013

Our Engagement Story

Last year, after not keeping up with the blog like I had planned to, I did a quick recap of the year. This recap included our engagement, and besides mentioning that it happened on top of the Space Needle, I didn't go into much detail, like I had wanted to.

So lets start! Brandon and I had talked about marriage openly; we talked about how happy we were together, and how we wanted to see our life and love grow. Brandon had asked me about rings, what style I liked, and what size ring I wore. It was early in our relationship so I didn't take it too seriously, but appreciated him trying to gather the knowledge.

Brandon and I booked our first vacation and trip to Seattle in January of 2012. Brandon then started to get back in contact with high school friends to tell them about our trip, and planning to hopefully meet up while we were in town. One night Brandon had had a few too many and was on the front porch talking to his buddy; he started to get louder and louder, obviously talking about something exciting, and out of nowhere he yelled "Dude! I'm gonna do it on the Space Needle!!!!" I was sitting on the couch and didn't really know what to say...so I didn't say anything. He came in, and we continued to watch TV like it never happened (even though I was so excited!)

 So March came and we packed for Seattle, we had packed together, and I didn't see a ring box, or Brandon acting secretive so I told myself not to get my hopes up. (I had also gotten my nails painted black for the trip as a reminder to keep myself grounded.) Our trip was beautiful and amazing, I was anxious about the Space Needle for a number of reasons: elevators + heights + odd architecture = nervous me. Brandon had told me he wanted to go towards the end of our trip, and had made reservations for that Thursday.


Dressed up all fancy and ready for the night
On Thursday March 15th , Brandon and I rode the elevator up to the top of the Space Needle. We were pleased to have a window seat and sat in awe of the beautiful city. The night was absolutely perfect and it was only the beginning. After ordering our food Brandon started to act funny; he started looking around, looking in his lap, and rocking back and forth in his chair. Assuming he didn't have a ring I said "Do you have to go to the bathroom?" he shook his head and continued to look in his lap.

 

The next thing I knew he was down on one knee in front of me with a ring box open and he said "Will you marry me?" I stared at him in awe and said "Yes!" he looked at me and said again "Will you marry me?" I looked at him and shook my head yes, and he just stared at me. It seemed like we sat there forever because I ended up taking the ring from the box and putting it on my finger, and hugged him hard. He sat down, shook his head and said, "Did I put the ring on your finger?" I told him no, and he said "I think I blacked out, I was so nervous". We laughed after he had some water, and smiled at each other knowing that it was official.


The night of our engagement is one of my favorite memories. From the night he kind of spilled the beans, to the night where he was down on one knee. It was a night meant for us, and a night I will never forget. 3/15/12 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment