LOGO

HOMEABOUTDAILY READS

Feb 17, 2014

Product Review: Almay Eye Makeup Remover Pads
























When I was younger I loved to experiment with new makeup, hair care and face products. I was always on the hunt for the perfect product at the perfect price. I wear a lot of eye makeup and have always struggled with finding the right face wash and even more importantly eye makeup remover. Two products that I have used recently have been better than most high end brands I've used and are cheap! I thought I would share a quick review with some pros and cons for each; and at the end I'll give my bottom line and the one I would recommend!

Almay Oil Free Gentle Eye Makeup Remover Pads:
  • Pros 
    • Nice Scent, 
    • Oil Free so they aren't greasy, and they don't leave a residue at all  
    • Hypoallergenic
  • Cons
    • I use one pad per eye because it doesn't remove the makeup with just one. 
    • It requires a good amount of scrubbing/rubbing your eye
    • I've only spotted these bad boys at Target, so if I forget them on a trip I'm screwed. 

Almay Longwear and Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover Pads:

  • Pros 
    • Quickly removes my makeup with little scrubbing/rubbing 
    • Hypoallergenic
  • Cons 
    • GREASY and it's bad. I tried most everything to get rid of the residue that was left even after washing my face and nothing seemed to work 
    • Odd smell, it's not terrible but definitely not as pleasant as it could be 
    • Like the Oil Free I've only spotted them at Target

Bottom Line: I wear waterproof mascara and eyeliner and would rather scrub my eye a little more with a pleasant scent than be left with residue for days. Oil Free is a must have in my opinion!

I hope you enjoyed this review. If you have tried any makeup removers that also work great and you love; please share them, I'd love to try them out.

2 comments:

  1. Better skip these products from the Essential’s shelves!
    xo,
    ~Pauline @Kallony

    ReplyDelete
  2. My cousin recommended this blog and she was totally right keep up the fantastic work!


    Makeup Removing Cleanser




    ReplyDelete