LOGO

HOMEABOUTDAILY READS

Jan 8, 2014

Green Monster

Cheers to a New Year! I hope you all had a safe New Year's Eve and are ready for the clean slate that 2014 will bring. Like almost everyone that I know January is the time for fitness and eating right, some can stick to it but most (me included) fall off before the month is over. Now that I'm done with school and have had more time for myself I've really started to evaluate what makes me happy, and what is good for me.

I've decided that 2014 will be the year of happiness and choices that are good for my heart, body and soul. I started the month by signing up for the 30 Day Green Smoothie Challenge with the ladies of Simple Green Smoothies. I found them because I was searching through the speakers for Alt Summit (which is only 14 days away!!) and fell in love with their web design and mission. Although my first week was sadly filled with spinach tasting smoothies I am happy to say that thanks to Janee at YellowBird Yellow Beard I finally found a smoothie last night that really tastes amazing and has restored my faith in making green smoothies a part of my daily life. Her post was about her everyday fruit smoothie but at the bottom she included a "Green Monster" link. The recipe includes bananas and peanut butter and it's awesome and doesn't taste green at all!
 
I hope you try and enjoy the smoothie. I can't believe how much I love it and hope I can find more green smoothies that don't taste green!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! That's an awesome challenge. You can totally do it. Just keep adding in delicious flavors like banana and honey :)

    xoxo
    Janee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love green smoothies! We were actually at the store last night and we got stuff for smoothies and I was saying as we were leaving that I should of got some kale and such to make a greens smoothie! You'll do great with your challenge! xx

    ReplyDelete