LOGO

HOMEABOUTDAILY READS

Aug 16, 2013

two steps forward

In the last two days I've made two huge decisions that will take my little corner of the internet to the next level. I'm no wizard when it comes to design or coding, so I decided that if I wanted people to feel welcome, and stay a while to read my posts I needed a new look/design and layout. My basic blue, with the peace wall is great, but I'm looking for something a little more detailed, and something a lot more 'me'. I decided to contact Maiedae, I've read Jenny Highsmith's blog for some time now and have always loved her simple but beautiful designs. I'm excited to work with Maiedae and see what they can do for my space!

The second step was taken today on a complete whim. Like I've mentioned before I'm a fan of the blog Anne the Adventurer and in addition to reading her blog I also follow Anne on instagram. Yesterday Anne posted a picture of the state of Utah with a plane flying towards it. She said she registered for Alt Slc (Salt Lake City) in January, and I was immediately curious as to what this was. I am semi-familiar with Alt, and what they offer; I watched Maiedae head to their New York conference a few months ago and it looked like an amazing experience.

So after seeing that last night I was so excited that Alt was having a conference on the West coast, and that it was something I could potentially go to. I went to work today and I couldn't get it out of mind! I called Brandon and kept telling him all the great things that it would offer me. After several phone calls to him, and some small research/final justification I purchased my ticket for Alt Slc and I couldn't be more excited.

I then posted the same picture on my instagram and the support/responses have been fantastic! I can't wait to meet so many inspirational people and see the beautiful city of Salt Lake for my first time. I can only image what I will learn and take away from this experience!

Is it January yet!?!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so excited that you decided to contact us!! We look forward to working with you soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't wait to see what the end result!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete